Shari Sherman

Shari Sherman

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Sometimes you just have to say it...




I wasn't saying this to anyone in particular,..except maybe my phone! But that's a whole 'nother story.


Last night I got together with 2 dear artist friends, Anne-Marie Colwell and MK Shaw, for a night of play in my studio. Inspired by a recent post from another friend, Jennifer Mercede, we decided to work on some collaborations. 


Basically, we started with three 12 x 12 gessoed boards. MK set a timer and we just jumped right in applying all kinds of media in any manner we wanted. 


When the timer went off, we each took a picture of our boards in progress and then passed it around clockwise. The above was a message midway...a reminder to let go and just have fun! 


We even said goodbye to cute things as we covered up 50% of what we did! We used pastels and scrapers, markers and pencils and kept going. The very top picture is the one that I happily ended up with.  

We talked about future collaborations and bridges and family and letting go of attachments. 
And we felt free. 

I think as artists we can very easily get holed up working by ourselves. Don't underestimate this powerfully rejuvenating (and fun) exercise. Is there someone you can do a collaboration with? Maybe a group? Give it a try and let me know how it went. I'd love to hear your thoughts! 


Until next time, Lovebeams to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aloha friends! It's so nice to hear from you!